Robotis - Dynamixel AX-12W
The AX-12W is a variant of the popular AX-12A servo with modified gear reduction to offer high speed in Wheel Mode (continuous rotation mode). (in Joint mode the actual moving speed is close to the AX-12A)
The AX series of servos can be connected in a daisy chain, and controlled over a Serial protocol meaning several servos can be connected to each other in a chain and offer several compliance and sensing parameters including position, velocity and temperature.
The AX-12W has the same exterior size and shape as the AX-12A and the AX-18A using the same communication interface and protocol. This means that all these Servo models can be mixed and matched to meet the specific demands of Robotic applications.
AX-12A vs. AX-12W speed comparison in Wheel Mode
This high speed comes at the expense of a lower holding torque: the AX-12W has a 2kgf.cm torque versus the 12kgf.cm offered by the AX-12A.
- Weight : 52.9
- Dimension : 32mm x 50mm x 40mm
- Minimum Control Angle : 0.29° X 1,024
- Gear Ratio : 254 :1
- Stall Torque : 2 kgf.cm (at 12V, 1.4A)
- No load speed : 470rpm (at 12V, wheel mode), 54rpm (at 12 V, joint mode)
- Operating Temperature : -5C ~ +70C
- Operating Voltage : 9V~12V (Recommended Voltage 11.1V)
- Protocol Type : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit, 1stop, No Parity)
- Link (Physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop (Daisy Chain Type Connector)
- AX-12W: 1
- AX-HORN: 1 set (pre-equipped)
- Horn Spacer: 1
- BPF-WA/BU Set: 1 set
- FP04-F3: 1 set
- 3P Cable 200: 1 set
- Bolt PHS M2*6: 16 pcs
- Bolt BHS M3*10: 1 pc
- N1 Nut M2: 16 pcs
- ID: 1
- Baud rate: 1 Mbps
- Serial Interface Half Duplex TTL interface
- * Please change the setting of ID and baud rate depending on your operating environment.